Customer Care Platform
As a key owner of the product, I single-handedly led the design engagement from Ideation to Implementation. I successfully communicated and collaborated with multiple teams including Marketing, Business Analysts, SME's, Managers and Engineers.
What We Achieved
As a design team, we were able to design and build a product which aligns with the mental model of the end-users; Customercare Agents, align with their current workflow. On top of that, we were able to add new capabilities based on our expertise on Social Media.
Concept Explainer Video
At this stage, I stepped up and did an explainer video in Adobe After effects to aid or Ideation process. This helped the marketing team and the product team to have a better and clear picture of the pain points faced by the end-user and how our product features will solve them.
Design Phase: Strategy & Planning
As we moved towards the design phase, one of the main concern was the fact that "time is money", as the customer is already facing problems. The aim was to bring to the market a minimum viable product which can support the most critical task first. Considering the dynamic nature of the social media content we decided to deviate from the initial plan of testing rapid prototypes to testing functional prototypes. Customer also assigned an agent to support us during the testing phase.
Towards achieving a functional design, deciding on a layout was our primary goal. Layout 1 had multipage navigation which once tested with the agent turns out to be impeding their ability to quickly traverse from one child view to another.
To solve this we introduced a multicolumn layout. This enables the agent to quickly traverse through various levels of navigation with fewer clicks. But one concern was with respect to the real estate of the page being shared by four columns. We did a quick data audit on the social media data and made some changes in the width of the workflow column to accommodate all ranges of information.
We tested the prototype with multiple users. One of the key feedback received was that the prototype was functional in nature. Users were able to able to understand the workflow and interact accordingly. But we identify an efficiency issue between feed preview and feed view navigation.
Perfecting feed preview and navigation
The goals here were to identify the right set of information to be displayed in the feed preview which helps the agent to take an effective decision. We prioritized all the metadata in the feed preview card sorted and filtered them with respect to its relevance. The output was a more functional design rather than the previous one.